OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
Essentially we believe,
- The Bible consisting of the Old and New Testament, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative, sufficient Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- God created all things out of nothing, and that God is absolutely sovereign over all things.
- In the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His future personal return in power and glory.
- That for salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. Therefore, regeneration precedes faith and repentance.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present evil world.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- In the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
As a confessional church, we accept The Westminster Shorter Catechism as our confession of faith.
These doctrines are also reflected in,
The Savoy Declaration of Faith and Order
The Westminster Confession of Faith
The Belgic Confession
The Canons of Dordt
The Heidelberg Catechism
The Nicene Creed
The Apostles' Creed